Under general supervision of designated supervisor, to gather, analyze, compose, and/or edit technical/scientific information, which may involve research into available literature and/or translation of scientific/technical documents from foreign language(s) to English.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit technical/scientific papers and proposals.
- Translate technical/scientific documents from foreign language to English.
- Conduct research of technical literature available.
- Prepare descriptive copy of technical/scientific data for preparation of various materials.
- Coordinate with and advise other personnel engaged in the preparation of technical/scientific data.
- Ensure accuracy of materials regarding technical terminology, guidelines and/or contract specifications.
- Advise personnel engaged in reproduction, illustration and photographic preparation of material.
- Supervise support/production staff as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with required procedures and that proposed schedules/deadlines are met.
- Lay out details of complete publication or assist in the preparation of a program.
- Use and modify data management programs for word processing applications.
- Coordinate the efforts of other departments and/or outside agencies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three years of experience in technical/scientific writing/editing.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages, as designated by hiring department, if translation is included in duties of job.
- Familiarity with data management and word processing techniques.
- Courses at the graduate level.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.